Saturday 12 February 2011

Asset Management Solution - Problem!

If you've taken a look at the Asset Management solution I posted last month, you might want to hold off putting it into production, I've found a problem.

The problem is with the "Equipment Cost" property extension used in both the core AssetManagement.mp as well as the AssetManagementComputerPrinterCustomisations.mp

Both MP's use a similar property which is a decimal value type:

<Property ID="EquipmentCost" Type="decimal" AutoIncrement="false" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" MaxLength="7" MinLength="0" Required="false" MinValue="0" MaxValue="5000000"/>

This was created using the Authoring Tool, and while there is a known issue with it truncating the values, I've found another.....

I noticed the Data Warehouse starting to log event ID 33502 & 33503 messages

I logged a support call with Microsoft and once we started digging we found that it had created it in the databases in differing formats.

In the operational DB it had created it as decimal(7,0)

In the Staging and Config DB it had created it as decimal(7,0)

In the Repository DB it had created it as decimal(7,6)

In the DataMart DB it had created it as decimal(7,6) 

Microsoft Support are still investigating the issue and I'll post back as soon as I have a resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment